SkillFocus Consultancy is an international management and training consultancy operating out of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with more than 15 years of experience in the domestic and global arena. The company provides highly professional and customised consultancy services to organisations and nations cutting across all sectors – corporate, government, international organisations and civil society. SkillFocus networks with several organizations in various countries and partners with a team of highly qualified and experienced consultants and specialists both in Malaysia and outside, to provide optimal programmes for capacity-building, training, study tours, and consultancy interventions. Our consultants and trainers who are drawn from all sectors come with a wealth of experience in our training specializations which include Leadership, Negotiations, Communications, Women’s Empowerment, Presentation Skills, Customer Service and Teambuilding.
- We have been training people from more than 100 countries across the 5 continents for more than 15 years.
- We have access to a host of highly qualified trainers from an extensive list of soft-skills, and the majority of these trainers served in various capacities in the public sector, corporate sector, NGOs and community services, where they have gained first-hand practical experience in their areas of expertise.
- Academically, our consultants have attended some of the most reputable institutions of higher learning in Malaysia and abroad, including Harvard Law School and London School of Economics (LSE), etc.
- We have trained on-site in some 30 countries worldwide and are thereby able to expose participants to a broader global perspective
- We apply highly interactive methods of unlearning and learning to achieve high levels of involvement by the participants during our training sessions – this ensures that participants will retain much more of the lessons and be able to apply more of what they have learnt in the real world through this action learning methodology.
- We consistently achieve very good to excellent evaluations and ratings in all our training sessions based on participants’ feedback/evaluation.
Internationally, our Consultants have conducted workshops and provided consultancy services in several countries including Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand, Tanzania, Fiji, Kenya, Vietnam, USA, China, Brunei Darussalam, Mozambique, the Gambia, Cameroon, India, Sri Lanka, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Namibia, Guyana, Swaziland, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi, Cyprus, South Africa and Pakistan. Apart from government agencies in many countries, some of the organisations we have collaborated with are the Institute of International Education (IIE) in USA/Ethiopia/Pakistan, Cyprus Academy of Public Administration, University of Edouardo Mondlane, Mozambique, Institute of Business at the University of West Indies in Trinidad, the Commonwealth Secretariat, Commonwealth Foundation, ASEAN, USIS, JICA, DANSED, Management Institute for National Development Jamaica, Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development, UNDP, Colombo Plan and the European Union.
Our Corporate Clients include multinationals such as Shell, ExxonMobil, Deutsche Bank, Scandinavian Airlines, DELL, BBraun, Agilent, Siemens, Acer Technologies, Eli Lilly, Agilent Technologies. Our Malaysian clients include Genting Group of Companies, Maxis, BonusLink, Proton, CIMB Bank, Bumihiway Group of Companies, MIS Holdings, Petronas, Telekom, MREPC and the Kuala Lumpur Commodity Exchange. We also conduct public workshops regularly for the Federation of Malaysia Manufacturers and the Penang Skills Development Centre.
For the Malaysian Government, we have conducted workshops for the Prime Minister’s Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Ministry of Defence, Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations, the National Institute of Public Administration, the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Women, Ministry of Tourism, Family and Community Development, Ministry of Entrepreneurial Development, Immigration Department, Department of Environment, Valuation Department, Prisons Academy, Inland Revenue Board, the Royal Malaysian Police, Radio Television Malaysia, MATRADE, University of Malaya, hospitals and several training institutions.